Friday, August 22, 2008

Tsau Q T!

So...it's 4:20 a.m. in Tallinn and I'm watching Beavis and Butthead on the Internet. I've officially spent a week and one day with Piia and Q T McWhiskers (see below) in our ghetto "Stalin" apartment. I regret to say that I have no photographic proof of how gnarly this place is cuz my camera ran out of batteries and I have yet to work up enough balls to go to the electronics store and ask questions to these stern Estonians regarding electrical adapters.
Uhhh...but yea...I love Estonia! Let's recap what I've learned so far about my new country and friends:
  1. Pickles : Vodka :: Lime : Tequila, except waaaaay more disgusting when you vomit it into a laundry basket.
  2. It is normal to eat ketchup on pasta. No, I'm not joking. It's also normal to eat honey by the spoonful out of a jar.
  3. Estonia is filled with sexy girls. Don't believe me? Ask James Blond.
  4. Apparently Estonians think it's fun to hold singing festivals for hours on end in the middle of the night when it's freezing cold and I'm wearing open-toed heels. But I'm not complaining, this was patriotism at its finest, my friends. It brought a roller derby tear to my eye.
  5. I love Estonia!
  6. I don't love Russians!
Time for bed.

No comments: